Monday, August 11, 2014

Another Stretch Your Stamps 2 homework card


Good Morning! 
It is the mad Monday morning at my place. Early start to the day because of the train delays as well as due to Charlie's tummy rumbling. It was so loud and continuous that I could not sleep. Anyway, after food, his tummy settled. lol! Children are at school, hubby at work, came back from gym, a bit of household chores done. Taking a break to blog :)

I played along Debby's technique at the Stretch Your Stamps 2 class.

I recently bought a 6 x 6 fabric paper pad. So when I saw Debby stamping on some Balsa wood, I remembered the fabric paper. I stamped and coloured on the fabric paper. Here is my card.

Happy Birthday on fabric

I stamped the rose image from Clearly Besotted Stamps using Memento Black Ink. Coloured using copics. Fabric does bleed colours, so I kept the colouring light handed and well within the lines. I have combined orange, red and purple for the rose and bud. For the leaves, two shades of green and brown.

Happy Birthday fabric closeup

I have trimmed the fabric paper, layered with two pattern paper coordinating with the colours on the stamped image and adhered using a paper clip. I have embellished with sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. I have used Amethyst, Tangerine and Marigold 4mm and 6mm sequins.

Happy Birthday closeup fabric closeup

The image is not going to be very crisp because the image is stamped on fabric not paper. But I am pretty happy with how image looks on the fabric paper. 

Back to household chores now :( Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

5 comments:

Dawn T said...

awesome Gayatri. I'm hoping to try out some balsa wood if I can remember to get to the art shop! Love the look of the stamps and colouring on the fabric,

Becky H. said...

This is lovely. I really like all the layers. I want to reach out and touch the fabric paper.

Petti said...

Great design!

Mary-Anne V said...

Great effect when stamping on fabric...beautiful.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful! I was inspired to buy some fabric paper too, then forgot it and when I saw it again, I couldn't remember why I bought it! Now you've inspired me!