Thursday, August 21, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #89


Hey dear friends, I have a new sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch challenge for you.
Here it is for you.


This gorgeous sketch is designed by Leigh Penner. Here is my take on the sketch.

Hello card

I have used the new Persian Motif stamp set from Altenew to create my card. I stamped the images in gold for the background. Then I diecut  a rectangle from watercolour paper using Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Duo 2 die.  I then heat embossed the same image from Persian Motifs to gold heat emboss on the watercolour paper. I then watercoloured the images using distress inks - Evergreen Bough, Spiced Marmalade and Worn Lipstick. 

Hello card horizontal

I really love the gold, aqua and coral colour combo. I wanted a bit more coral colour so I used Pretty Pink Posh's Tangerine  4mm and 6mm sequins to embellish. The sentiment is from Quilled Elegance stamp set from Altenew. Hope my card inspires you to participate in CAS(E) this Sketch challenge. Here is a closeup.

Hello card closeup

It is you turn to play along. Head over to CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge Blog to see what the other designers did with the sketch. You can also find the linky to link your project at the blog.

Have a wonderful day!

My blog signature

11 comments:

Betty said...

beautiful card, Gayatri! love the gold and aqua together!

New Creations said...

What an awesome take on the sketch, love the new Persian motif stamp!!! Gold and Aqua color are complementing each other with perfect Pattern paper:) Really love it!!!

Mary-Anne V said...

What a beautiful card! The gold stamping and embossing is so stunning and i love the aqua with coral. What gold ink and embossing powder did you use? jeandonny2000 at hotmail dot com

Kristie Goulet said...

So beautiful, Gayatri!

Scrapthat said...

Beautiful...just beautiful.

Hussena said...

Omg! This is so gorgeous. Absolutely love the colours on your card !

Marion said...

This is gorgeous Gayatri!

Dawn T said...

Perfection Gayatri. Yhe colours are stunning

Kerilyn H. said...

This is so beautiful! I'm hoping this set makes its way to live with me soon, your card is sooooo inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Amazing! It is simply stunning!!!!

Petti said...

Love the aqua and gold together! Great card!