Friday, August 1, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Bow Tie


Hello close up

It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Bow Tie! Here is the inspirational graphics for you.



I love the colours on this bow tie because depending on how much you use each colour, you can make masculine or feminine cards. More of grays and blues = Masucline. More of Yellows and Blues = Feminine. Of course the images should go with the theme :)

We have a new sponsor, Waffle Flower Crafts, for the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Bow Tie!  A randomly selected participant in the Bow Tie challenge will have their choice of a Waffle Flower Crafts stamp set!


I have used Waffle Flower Loved Stamp set and coordinating die to make my card for the challenge.

Hello vertical

I loved the stripes on the bow tie which I recreated on the card front using yellow, blue and two shades of gray cardstock. I trimmed the cardstock to different width sizes and adhered to the cardfront. Trimmed the excess on either sides. For the centre white panel, I have used the new dies from Pretty Pink Posh called Stitched Duo 2 die set. I love the stitching detail on the PPP dies. I die cut using woodgrain cardstock. I then stamped the flowers, bow and leaves from the Loved stamp set using the colours from the challenge graphics, die cut them using the coordinating die set from Waffle Flower. Clustered and glued some of them directly on the woodgrain panel, a few using foam adhesives. The sentiment "Hello" is from Wplus9  die cut using gray cardstock. The beautiful yellow 6mm and 4mm sequins are from my Pretty Pink Posh. Absolutely love the colours on my card and hope I have inspired you enough to play along with me at the challenge :) Here is a closeup!

Hello horizontal

Time to head over to Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge Blog to see how rest of the designers have interpreted the challenge. We are also joined by Waffle Flower Crafts designer May Park. How you visit their blogs and leaves some lovely comment for them.

Bow Tie Designers


My blog signature

12 comments:

Kara said...

gorgeous!! Love it!

~amy~ said...

such AWESOME colors!

Chrissy Larson said...

WOW! This card is AMAZING!!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So sweet Gayatri. Love those pretty flowers, the colors... the striped background looks great.

Petti said...

Great design! Love your cards!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your approach to the photo, pretty card!!

New Creations said...

The stripe background idea is really striking, love the flowers!!! Pretty card!!!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Beautiful card. I love your striped card background. Those colours look fabulous.
Caroline xxx

Julia Aston said...

Love your stripes and colorful floral die cuts!

Amy Sheffer said...

So striking! The bold stripes in the background look fabulous with the flower cluster!

Debbie Olson said...

Gorgeous--peaceful, elegant perfection. :-)

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Gayatri--stamps I need to get!