Monday, August 4, 2014

MFT Sketch #187


After a long time, I played along this new sketch #187 from My Favorite Things. Yay! I did a lot of colourwashing with distress inks on my card. It took me about three hours from planning to finishing the card today. Looks like my mojo flew straight out of my window! Sad! I almost gave up half way but persisted along to finish it. Here is the sketch first.

MFTWSC187

And here is my take on the sketch.

MFT Happy Birthday 1

I did a colour wash of three distress ink colours (Squeezed Lemonade, Salty Ocean and Picked Raspberry) on watercolour paper. I swiped the inks one at a time on the craft mat, misted, dabbed the paper, dried using heat gun. Repeated this process until I was happy with the result. The yellow paper I used behind the Funky Floral die cut, the blue I used as the fish tail banner and the pink I diecut the flowers.

MFT Happy Birthday flat2

Stamped the sentiment on a strip of white cardstock and cut the fish tail banner ends. Now simply assembled them using the sketch as the guide. Sounds simple right? But believe me, for all of these to come together, it took me nearly three hours :( Just could not get the elements and colours together. But I think it is worth the time and persistence. I love the result. Card looks vibrant and beautiful. Here is a close up

MFT Happy Birthday closeup

Hopefully my mojo gets back to me quickly. Thanks for visiting :)

My blog signature

1 comment:

Carmela said...

I love this cards and all the vibrant colors. What stamp set is the Happy Birthday from?