Friday, August 22, 2014

Cutting Edge Blog Hop!


Hello everybody,

Welcome to Cutting Edge Blog Hop hosted by Pretty Pink Posh.



I have two cards for you today. For my first card I have used the Stitched Film Strip Die
Here is my card.

Happy Birthday vertical

I decided to go a clean and simple card this time with lots of white spaces including the use of white Stitched Film die which I have used for texture and added dimension. I used the Spring Blooms stamp set from Wplus9 for colour and impact. I have stamped the leaves directly on the card front, then added the white film strip, then popped the stamped flower die cuts on the top.

Happy Birthday flat

 For some glitter, I have used Happy die cut form Wplus9 die cut from pink glitter paper. I stamped the birthday on a strip of white cardstock which I trimmed making an angle end and added below the Happy die cut. Finally embellished with gorgeous Orchid, Pink Blush and Sparkly Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.  Here is a closeup!

Happy Birthday closeup

For the second card, I have used the Pretty Pink Posh's Stitched Duo 2 rectangular die and the Brushstroke kit from Papertrey Ink. Here is my card.

Celebrate

I have used the colourwash pattern paper from the kit on the background. Then die cut the stitched rectangle from the blue pattern paper with the flower cluster on the left corner. I also fuzzy cut the same flower cluster from another sheet of the same pattern paper and layered it using foam adhesive. I have slightly offset the layered cluster of flowers. Then I stamped the sentiment on the top right corner. I mounted this rectangle on the card front using foam adhesive as well. Finally embellished with Amethyst and Pansy Purple sequins also from Pretty Pink Posh.  Here is another angled shot of the card.

Celebrate flat

Come and play along the blog hop because there are some fantastic sponsors giving away prizes. Check out sponsors. Hooray!

Head over to Pretty Pink Posh Blog for more details on how to participate. You can also hop along and get inspired :)

Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

70 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous cards, Gayatri!

cm said...

Eye-catching, stunning cards, Gayatri!
~c

Janet D. said...

VERY happy cards! Love them!

Katherine K :) said...

Gorgeous cards! Love those flowers on both!

Unknown said...

Whoa this is so sweet! Love it to bits!

joy said...

Love the bright colors and your designs are so fresh! Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Very beautiful cards!
Julz

wilson.marie65 said...

I love both cards, but I must say that the second card is stunning... thank you for the inspiration
:)

Rubeena I. said...

They're both really nice!!! :)

BeckyR71 said...

Gayatri,
This card is stunning!

OneSmittenKitten79 said...

Both cards are so beautiful :)

Sheryl said...

Wonderful cards! Love the film die horizontally on the vertical card; really creates visual interest.

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

Great cards! Love the sparkling happy :)

cghundley said...

Both cards are so
pretty and great
work on them.
Carla from Utah

Harriet Skelly said...

Love both of your cards!!

Vicki said...

I love how you used the film strip die to overhang the front panel. Such a great idea!

Dawn T said...

Both cards are simply beautiful Gayatri. Lovre the way you used the photo strip, very inspiring.

Tammy Schenzel said...

Both are so bright and cheerful. Love them.

Judy said...

Both of your cards are so pretty. I love the watercolor look on the second one, so light and airy. Thanks for sharing with us.

DoofyJEss2 said...

Beautiful cards! Love how you used the film strip die as a planter's box!

Denise G. said...

I love how you breathed new life into the Wplus9 stamps -- the frames adds some interesting texture. I also like the large, bright Happy die cut. Great Cards!

Lou said...

So colorful and sparkly, beautiful cards!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Oh so beautiful cards! Love the floral and how you placed on the edge. The happy die is so wonderful on the other card, great textures and colours!

Pam said...

Stunning cards!

Judy Tuck said...

Beautiful cards!

Amy C. said...

Your cards are very sweet!

She's A Busy Girl said...

Your cards are just beautiful!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow these are gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty cards Gayatri, love the sparkly happy on your first one!

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards! Love the color palette on the first card.

kimberly storti said...

What gorgeous cards Gayatri!!! Just gorgeous!!!

Kari V. said...

So beautiful!! I love the way you put this together using the filmstrip die...so awesome!

Deeps said...

Wow Gayatri, they are both beautiful cards. Love the fussy cut flowers.

MelissaF said...

Beautiful 1st card, love the filmstrip detail and gorgeous 2nd card of Brushstrokes flowers with great stitched rectangle detail! Color combos are wonderfully summery and cheerful.

Katia said...

Both cards are amazing, but the seconds is so beauitful!

Kim S said...

They are both so lovely. Wonderful layers of beautiful flowers!

Megan said...

I think sequins can make any card better! :) I also like the little bit of sparkle from the glitter paper on the first card!

Barbara said...

A fun and cute way to use the filmstrip die. Both cards are beautiful and I love the colors.

Unknown said...

I really like the first card, it is so bright and cheerful

Unknown said...

Great cards! I love how you used the film strip die in the first one.

Parker said...

All your cards are exceptional. Good job on them. I like that happy die--it's so versatile.

laurie said...

Awesome cards, so bright and cheerful!

Mary-Anne V said...

Fun and happy celebration cards.

D- said...

Thanks for sharing your BEAUTIFUL cards. {saw you on the Pretty Pink Posh hop}
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Unknown said...

Love these cards.. love the colours, love the stamps.. awesome!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful cards! Love that fun Stitched Film Strip die! On my wishlist! Pretty colors on both of your cards!

francesca said...

beautiful card!

Joyce McIntosh said...

Love both the cards. Great color choices.

Patt H. said...

Wonderful cards! I love the way you have used the film strip die.

Jenny said...

Beautiful cards Gayatri!

Colleen said...

Beautiful cards and beautiful colors too!

Sarah G said...

So bright and fresh - love both of these cards!

Gaylynn said...

So beautiful, both of them. Lovely florals with the cuts. :)

Unknown said...

Love your cards!

Lucy E. said...

These are both so pretty!
My favorite is the second one-I love those pretty
pink flowers!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty cards, Gayatri!

Hussena said...

Both your cards are just beautiful. Love them !

Cristine said...

Oh my word, these cards are absolutely GORGEOUS!

Sandi said...

Oh, I love that die cut HAPPY!!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and the dimension of placing the flower on top of the sentiment banner.

Broni said...

I love all the dimension on the first card and the gorgeous colors on the second! They're both wonderful!

Iris said...

Super cute birthday cards - love the colors and the flowers.
isoscia at aol dot com

Sue D said...

Wonderful cards. I like the use of glitter and sequins.

Anja said...

Both cards are just so beautiful! Well done, Gayatri!

Elise C. said...

Wow, these cards are both so gorgeous! I like everything about them!! :)

Celeste Goff said...

What absolutely beautiful cards!!!

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Gayatri, these cards are wonderful! I love the playfulness of the first one, especially the bright colors & that die cut "happy"! And the fussy-cut flower cluster on the second is a nice touch. What a lot of work that must have been, but well worth it! Thanks so much for sharing these!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

both cards are wonderful!

Arlene K said...

Beautiful cards!! Love the colors on the flowers!!

Kathy Mc said...

Both cards are just lovely, Gayatri!