Friday, August 29, 2014

Share the love week featuring Simon Says Stamp - Day #5


Today is the last day of Winnie & Walter's Share the LOVE week featuring Simon Says Stamp. Hope you are enjoying the collaborative work between the two companies as much as I am :)



Today we have a sketch theme. Here is the sketch for you :)


If you are following my work, especially my Winnie & Walter projects, you will remember the inspiration for this sketch. ;) Ok here is my card I made for Winnie & Walter's The Big, the Bold and Blessings stamp set release recently.

Grateful card 1

Here is my new take on the sketch.

Grateful vertical 2

This time, I picked my colour inspiration from one of my paper pads. It has black, grey, two shades of yellow and green. The flowers and leaves stamps are from Simon Says Stamp Thinking of You stamp set and Winnie & Walter's The Write Stuff: Leave it to Mum stamp set. I have stamped and layered the flowers and leaves in shades of greys, greens and yellows. I really love this colour combinations. All the inks were from Simon Says Stamp as well.

Grateful flat 2
I then stamped the sentiment with Versafine black ink and heat embossed. The back contrasts the subtle colours on the background. I thought a few Sparkly Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh is essential to the panel. I have then layered the panel with pattern paper on the background before I have taped the layers on the card front. Here is a close up!

Grateful flat1

Now if you like to see more cards using the sketch from the DTs, head over to Winnie & Walter blog. Make sure you leave comments on everybody's blog. There is a $25 gift certificate prize from Simon Says Stamp. Yay!

My blog signature

10 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Stunning, Gayatri!

Tammy Schenzel said...

This is beautiful. You are right, that color combination is wonderful.

New Creations said...

Great layering and the combination of grey and yellow is awesome!!! Your work always inspire me:)

Betty said...

the grey/yellow combo is just gorgeous - love it!

I Card Everyone said...

Stunning. Jaw-dropping-ly stunning...
=] Michele

cghundley said...

So very pretty.
Great color choice.
Carla from Utah

Lyn said...

Such a beautiful card love it to bits

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card Gayatri!

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

These are gorgeous!!! I love this sketch!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome papers you used for the sketch and your stamping is fabulous!