Friday, August 15, 2014

Tag You're It Challenge #4

This is my second post for today. Here is my Curtain Call Inspired Challenge - Tropical Trip post.

I am sharing with you my take on the new Tag You're It challenge #4.

Here is Marion's beautiful inspirational tag for the challenge.


The inlayed die cuts and watercoloured flowers inspired me the most of Marion's tag. So with that in mind, I picked a stamp set with flowers, a die cut to inlay, a tag of course, some distress ink and watercolour paper.
First, here is my project.

Happy Birthday tag card2

I started with Mustard Seeds and Picked Raspberry distress ink which I swiped on my craft mat. Misted with water and dabbed watercolour paper. Once dry, I repeated the process to add layer of colour. Then I stamped the flowers from Winnie & Walter's The Big, the Bold and Extras stamp set. I fuzzy cut them out. I die cut the birthday die from MFT. Now I did the same watercolour process for the leaves with Mowed Lawn distress ink. I then fuzzy cut the leaves. I made the a cluster using the flowers and leaves. The tag is from Pretty Pink Posh's Stitched Duo 1. I like this die not only for its stitching detail but for the size of it as well. Big enough to be a tag itself  as well as to be the focal point on the card. There is enough space to stamp as well as for the sentiment.

Happy Birthday tag card3

I die cut the birthday on the tag with the "Y" hanging off the tag. I die cut another tag and glued behind the first tag. Now I inlayed and glued the watercolour birthday die cut on the negative tag. Stamped the Happy senitment from The Big, the Bold and Happy stamp set from Winnie & Walter. The cluster of flowers and leaves was glued using foam adhesive on the left corner of the tag. I added a few spatter of Gold colour wash from Heidi Swapp. The tag was beautiful on it own. But I felt it needed to be on a card because I wanted to add a bit more black colour to balance the colours. So I made a card base with a strip of black and white striped pattern paper on the right side of the card front and a waterolour wash pattern paper from Pink Paislee on the rest of the card front. I then mounted the finished card on the threshold where the two pattern paper meets with a bit of tag spilling over the black and white striped paper.I love how the "Y" hangs off the tag. Here is a close up.

Happy Birthday tag card closeup

My favourite technique at the moment is watercolouring using distress inks. Really enjoying the process as well as the watercolour look on cards.

It is you turn to play along. Head over to Tag You're It Challenge Blog to see what the other designers did with the tag. You can also find the linky to link your project at the blog. 

Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!

My blog signature

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The roses make your tag so cheery and bright!

Deepti said...

So pretty :)

~amy~ said...

This is fabulous...LOVE the bright colors.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful and bright colors! What a great idea with the 'birthday' inlay!

Tracey McNeely said...

So many great products and fantastic design Gayatri! Love it to bits.

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful, love the trio of roses!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! Gorgeous take on the sketch!

Dawn T said...

beautifully done Gayatri. The flowers are stunning.

Michelle said...

Gayatri, I cannot keep up with all of your gorgeous cards! Every single one is even more beautiful than the last! I love the colours and the inlaid sentiment on this one. :-)