Thursday, August 14, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #88

This is my second post for today. My CASE Study Anniversary Blog Hop is HERE.

Welcome to a new CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.


This sketch is designed by our design team member Donna Mikasa. Perfect CAS sketch I think. Add a technique or two gives the card a big impact. Love it.
Here is my take on the challenge.

Happy Birthday balloon card

I flipped the sketch vertically. I have used balloon dies from Simon Says Stamps. I used distress inks - Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar and Evergreen Bough to get the colour wash on those balloons. I swiped the inks on my craft mat, spritz some water then dabbed water colour paper on it. Dried the paper using heat gun, dabbed again to get some intense colour and layer. Once dry, I die cut the balloons. I have layered the balloons as per the elements on the sketch. The sentiment is from Birthday Sentiment also from Simon Says Stamp which I stamped on a strip of white cardstock, cut an angle and adhered using foam adhesive. Finally scattered and glued some gorgeous gorgeous sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. Here is a closeup.

Happy Birthday balloon closeup

It is you turn to play along. Head over to CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge Blog to see what the other designers did with the sketch. You can also find the linky to link your project at the blog.

Have a wonderful day!

My blog signature

17 comments:

Diana Nguyen said...

These dies are on my wish list! Thanks for another idea to use them - great way to use my son's watercolor art into a card!

Diana Nguyen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love the use of these dies; they are near the top of my wish list too! Are the sequins raised off the paper? If so how did you do it?

Betty said...

what a fun way to use the balloon dies - wonderful card!!

Rhonda J said...

Oh my....these dies just arrived in my mailbox this week! Can't wait to CASE your card!! :)

Petti said...

Love the watercolour balloon!

Lisa Elton said...

Gayatri this is SO SO pretty!! Love those balloons!

DoofyJEss2 said...

Love how you used the balloon die cuts instead of the circles!! So fun!

Sally said...

Love this~ Just happy looking~ :)

jeannejj said...

Very fun! I love the distress ink technique on the balloons

Magaly said...

So Cute!

Deepti said...

So pretty ! Love those balloons :)

Dawn T said...

Totally love all the gorgeous watercolouring and sequins on this one Gayatri.

~amy~ said...

LOVE what you've done with those balloons!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this card and those big balloons!

Small Talk Mama said...

Love that technique -- very fun and original.

Cris G. said...

So very cool and beautiful, Gayatri. Your sequins are always so meticulously chosen and placed, the perfect combination! I never know where to place them... make a few tries and then I give up :).