Thursday, August 7, 2014

Stretch Your Stamp 2 Day #1 homework


I registered to the Stretch Your Stamp 2 online class by Kristina, Jennifer and Debby yesterday. I wasn't sure in the beginning because I didn't know if I will have time to do. But I thought, what the heck! I can make time to craft anytime! Right? I have always enjoyed these online classes. I am already enjoying this :)



Today, I am playing along day #1 of the class. I have done emboss resist using watercolour on my card below.

Thank you teacher vertical

I have heat embossed the Basic Grey/Hero Arts background stamp called Formula Fun on watercolour paper. Then used Black Soot distress ink to watercolour in various layer to get darker and lighter shades for the used chalkboard look. The other images are from Clearly Besotted stamp set called Teacher's Pet. The black banner is sticker from American Craft.

Thank You teacher flat

I really love how the watercolour chalkboard background looks. 

Next card I have is using watercolouring for an ombre look.

Dude card vertical

I have used the Diamond background stamp from Hero Arts which I have heat embossed on watercolour paper. Then sponged some distress ink - Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers. Then misted with water to help blen the colour and give the watercolour look. For the sentiment, I took speech bubble wood veneer from Studio Calico, brushed some gesso on it. Once dry I stamped the sentiment from Winnie & Walter Bubble Talk. I have used some thread under the wood veneer. Finally used Studio Calico's stars to accent.

Dude card flat

This technique of ombre watercolour background is inspired by Laura Sterckx. This girl is only 16 and she is full of talent. Amazing cards. Love young talent. 

Dude card closeup3

Like I said I am already loving the class. So much to learn, so little time. But I am determined to play along everyday :)

Thanks so much for stopping by. I will be back soon with a blog hop from Pretty Pink Posh!


My blog signature

6 comments:

Dawn T said...

Such awesome cards Gayatri. These classes really are such fun to try.

Taheerah said...

Awesome card Gayatri! I really need that Formula Fun background stamp!

Francine said...

So excited you take the class too! :-) Your cards are fantastic!

Radhika said...

Amazing cards :)

New Creations said...

Fabulous emboss resist technique cards and the ombre watercolouring technique card with background stamping is just amazing!!

Marianne said...

Love these. I agree that Laura is pretty amazing.