Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Runway Inspired Challenge #65

I have today a new Runway Inspired Challenge #65 to play along.





I love that laced jacket top paired with the beautiful pastel yellow.A bit of bling on the jacket is a nice touch. My card is inspired by them all. I have the beautiful yellow, laced element and a bit of glitter. Here is my take on the challenge.

Celebrate this day 1

We have a new sponsor - Altenew. This is one amazing company with stamp sets designed by Tasnim and Jennifer. I am using couple of stamp set from Altenew on my card today. For the lace element, I white heat embossed a cluster of Hennah Element images from Altenew on vellum cardstock. Then cut out the cluster. For the yellow, I used patter paper from Papertrey Ink BrushStroke kit. I layered the cut out vellum on top. I had a colour washed yellow watercolour paper in my stash. I stamped the sentiment, cut them out and layered on top of the laced vellum. For the glitter bit, I had the negatives of the Lil' Inker's Swirls cover up die which I had diecut using silver glitter paper for a project previously. I adhered them randomly. Finally used Lemon Drops sequins from Pretty Pink Posh to highlight the yellow a bit more. I really love the colour combination and the embossed vellum element.

Check out Runaway Inspired Challenge Blog to see how the rest of the designers interpreted the challenge. Now it is your turn to play along. Cannot wait to see what you do :)

Thanks for stopping by!


My blog signature

6 comments:

Dawn T said...

stunning Gayatri.

Deni(se) said...

In case you are unaware of this, your site now shows a huge box from Flickr saying the image is unavailable. :-(

Gayatri said...

Deni(se) I can see it. I am sorry you are unable to see my card. I have reloaded the code. Hope you can see it now :) Thanks for letting me know :)

Mary-Anne V said...

This is so beautiful!

Cris G. said...

Fabulous take Gayatri, love your card so much.

Anonymous said...

It is truly amazing!!!