Saturday, August 16, 2014

Free hand drawing on stamped image - another homework card.


Hey everybody,

Gorgeous Saturday to day in my city down under. Warm sun shining beautifully. Similar weather predicted tomorrow too. So I am enjoying my weekend as rain, thunderstorm and cold weather predicted the entire of next week. :(  My washing machine is working overtime. But I also want to organise my self, make cards so I can photograph them when the sun is out, right? Anyway, enough of my ranting, I am sharing with you a card I made after watching Dawn's video from Wplus9 at the Stretch you Stamps 2 online class.


Dawn is very very talented in watercolouring and love her videos. She is a great teacher. In this video, she uses leaves image from Spring Blooms stamp set to make wild flowers and also uses freehand drawing to outline the flowers and leaves. Clever and looks soooo amazing. I wanted to give it a try. This is my card inspired by Dawn's video.

Sending lots of love card

Dawn used a technique of stamping and squishing the image sideways to get a brushed image. She used Tim Holtz's specialty paper to do that as it is coated and makes the squishing easier. I did not have that paper. So I used regular white cardstock and improvised the technique. I stamped the leaves image using Wild Mango Ink, then inked the stamp again, added a bit of water to the inked image using a brush and stamped again slightly offsetting to get a watercolour brushed image. For the leaves I used Green Apple from Simon Says Stamp. For the berries, I used Raspberry Jam ink from Hero Arts. I did the same process for the leaves, buds and berries. Once dry, I used a black sharpie pen with a thin tip to draw freehand outline. I was so frightened to draw in spite of practicing. lol! Once I started drawing, I stopped only after I finished the all the images because I didn't want to stop to look and think I messed up lol!  I really loved how it turned out. Truly amazed. What a great technique? Imagine all the solid floral images I have in my collection getting a new life using this technique. Yay! Dawn, you are genius :) Here is a close up.

Sending lots of love closeup

The sentiment I have used is from Valentine Wishes from Wplus9. Of course, Pretty Pink Posh's sequins embellishes and completes my card :) I have used Sparkly Clear and Marigold 4mm and 6mm sequins. Hope you like it. 

Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

15 comments:

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Gayatri. I'm a bit hesitant to try this technique out, but am seeing some fabulous cards done. Still working on days 7/8

Unknown said...

Goodness this is gorgeous! Love this technique.

Cynthia Clark said...

Pretty.

~amy~ said...

so pretty, love that technique!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is stunning, Gayatri!

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful!

Kristie Larsen said...

this is so gorgeous Gayatri! I love every single detail. Amazing!

Mary-Anne V said...

Very neat effect of the squishing and the outlining...very pretty.

Ruby said...

Gorgeous card.

Shylaashree said...

beautiful card dear

wienerhoneymooners said...

Amazing and lovely..so inspiring that YOU are my MUSE!!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful style with us!

shirley-bee said...

This was the best lesson from the class for me, I love the technique. Love your card, and I like how you improvised on ordinary card stock - will give that a try :)

Kim S said...

Beautifully done - I think you have mastered this technique! I love the pops of raspberry.

Bobby said...

This technique scares me a little but you did a fantastic job.

conil said...

Well, I'd say you have Dawn's technique down pat. Good grief girl, this is simply gorgeous.