Sunday, August 10, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 homework Day 5

Hello and welcome back to my blog.
I did my day #5 homework from Stretch your Stamp 2 online class.

So I have used outline stamp on my card inspired by Jennifer Rzasa's debossing and stamping technique.

Happy Birthday card

I too picked a outline stamp from Clearly Besotted. I used a cardboard from the end of the writing pad, cut in half, glued together, stamped the image, cut the image out with a border around it. I used this to deboss on the watercolour paper. I then stamped the image inside the debossed area using distress ink. I then watercoloured the image. Here is a closeup of the debossed, stamped and watercoloured image.

Closeup

I also love the thread treatment Jen did on her card. I have replicated it using Pretty Pink Posh's floss. The sentiment is also from the same Clearly Besotted stamp set. I trimmed the watercolour paper, coordinated with a green pattern paper. I finally used the sparkly gold enamel dots to add some interest. I really love this idea of debossing and stamping. I think I will do more of this technique. Yay!

 I will see you with more homework cards soon.

My blog signature

3 comments:

Mary-Anne V said...

That is a very pretty card with a great technique.

Lisa Elton said...

This is just lovely Gayatri!!

Wida said...

that looks like a ton of work! Im exhausted just reading about it!! it's gorgeous!